Flypasts on Finland’s 100th Anniversary on 6 December 2017
Finland celebrates the 100th anniversary of its independence on Wednesday 6 December 2017. On the occasion of the anniversary Finnish Air Force aircraft perform several flypasts to traditional wreath laying ceremonies taking place on military cemeteries around the country. The execution of the flypasts depends on the current weather conditions during the events.
• Air Force Academy’s Fighter Squadron 41 performs a flypast at the Old Cemetary of Jyväskylä with four Hawk Advanced Jet Trainers at 11.40 hours.
• Karelia Air Commands’ Fighter Squadron 31 performs a flypast at the Kuopio military cemetary memorial at 0900 hours with one F/A-18 multi-role fighter. Flypasts are also a part of the Independence Day National Parade Pass-in review beginning in Kuopio at 13.15 hours.
• Fighter Squadron 31 performs a flypast at the Lappeenranta military cemetary memorial at 11300 hours with one F/A-18.
• Lapland Air Command’s Fighter Squadron 11 performs a flypast with one F/A-18 at the Winter and Continuation War memorial of the Rovaniemi II Cemetary at 11.20 hrs.
• Fighter Squadron 11 performs a flypast with one F/A-18 at the at the Oulu military cemetary at 11.40 hrs.
• Satakunta Air Command performs a flypast with one F/A-18 at the Hietaniemi Military Cemetary at 10.30 hrs and a flypast at Kalevankangas Military Cemetary in Tampere at 12.00 hrs.